Sunday, February 5, 2012

Better Than "Snicker's" Bar


Last year, I attended a party at the home of a friend who is known for her culinary prowess.  The food is always the star at her house.  My usual modus operandi is to circle the tables once, picking out those morsels I feel I must taste.  Otherwise, the plate becomes overfull way too fast and I'm sure to miss out on something way too delicious.  On this particular evening, I made it a little over half-way round the first table before I spied these delightful confections.  It was love at first s(b)ite.  And, let me tell you...I know how to pick 'em!
Thank you, to my friend Angie, for sharing the recipe!

What's In It:

2 c. milk chocolate chips
1/2 c. butterscotch chips
3/4 c. peanut butter (use smooth)
1 1/2 c.  cocktail or spanish peanuts
1 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. butter (not margarine, never, never margarine)
1/4 c. milk (the kind cow's make)
1 jar marshmallow cream 
1 bag caramels, unwrapped (this will keep the kidlets busy for a bit)
2 tbs. water

How To Make It:

Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil and coat inside with butter.
In double boiler, melt 1 c. milk chocolate chips, 1/4 c. butterscotch chips, and 1/4 peanut butter.  Spread mixture in the bottom of prepared pan and chill until firm.
Meanwhile, bring to a boil 1 c. sugar, 1/4 butter, and 1/4 c. milk in a medium saucepan.  Boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat and add the jar of marshmallow cream and 1/4 c. peanut butter.  Mix well.
Spread mixture on top of first layer and sprinkle with peanuts.
Chill until firm.
Melt caramels with 2 tbs. water.
Pour over nuts.
In double boiler, melt 1 c. milk chocolate chips, 1/4 c. butterscotch chips, and 1/4 c. peanut butter and pour over caramel layer.
Chill until firm.
Turn out on cutting board, peel off aluminum foil and slice into pieces using a very sharp knife.  (You may find it easier to slice these if you grease your knife first.)



2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful....... Mouthwatering indeed.. Yummmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these earlier this week as a thank you gift for a co-worker who donated money to my Bike MS ride. They were a big hit. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete