Monday, May 16, 2011

Jacked Up Frozen Coke




I was born, raised, and still remain in Atlanta, Georgia, home of Coca-Cola.

But, I prefer Pepsi.  Always have.  When I was a kid, I liked regular Pepsi.  As an adult, I drank Diet Pepsi before moving on to Pepsi One.  Currently, many an afternoon is fueled by Pepsi Max.  People whisper about me behind my back...I just know it.

Coke, however, has it's place.  And, if you ask me, it's right behind a finger, or two, of Jack Daniels whiskey.
Several years ago, I happened upon this recipe in our local newspaper.  This takes Jack & Coke to a whole new level...
Can you say "Decadence"?

What's In It:


2 (12 oz.) cans Coca-Cola (And only Coca-Cola)
6 oz. limeade concentrate (Storebrand is fine)
6 oz. Jack Daniels whiskey, chilled

How To Make It:


Chill the equivalent of four shots of whiskey in refrigerator.
Place four serving glasses in freezer.
Whisk Coca-cola and limeade together before freezing in an ice cream machine. (Every machine is different.  Follow manufacturer's instructions.)
Divide completed "ice cream" between chilled glasses.
Drizzle each with 1 shot of whiskey.
Serve with spoon and straw.



© Copyright 2009-2011 Stacye Carroll All Rights Reserved

5 comments:

  1. Do you dilute the limeade before mixing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a substitute for the ice cream machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only way I have made it and I'm not sure anything else would work as the chilling is just as important as the mixing. Let me know if you try something different with good results!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete