Monday, November 5, 2012

Cheesy Popovers with Chiles


It seems everyone in my family eats chili differently.  My son prefers chili with a side of chips.  Make it regular corn chips or some variety of tortilla chip.  Either way, he's happy. 
Some like oyster crackers...LOTS of oyster crackers. And they don't just sprinkle them on top.  They stir them in. The result is a mushy mess that kind of resembles chili.
My favorite used to be cornbread.  I say "used to be" because that was before I tried these delicious handfuls of cheesy/chile goodness. And you know my favorite part?  They could not be easier to make.  Assemble the ingredients, throw them in a bowl, mix them up good and start filling muffin tins.  And the leftovers (if there are any) are perfect alongside a spanish omelet the next morning!

What's In It:

3 large eggs (Thank you Sylvia, Lucy, Cleo, and Pat!)
1 c. milk
1/4 c. diced jalapenos (I prefer fresh but use pickled if that's all you have.)
1 c. sharp cheddar, shredded
1 c. unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt 

How To Make It:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray 1-12 cup or 2-6 cup muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
Add all ingredients to medium-sized bowl.  Mix well.
Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full and bake 20 minutes or until browned.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment